Beliebte Posts

Mittwoch, 16. März 2016

Wolf Cop !

So a while back last year i saw a pretty cool indie Horror flick from a guy called Lowell Dean (Wolf Cop, 2014) and it blew me away!

It's suspenseful and violent and has a very good sense of humor.I had no idea that it existed and found it in our local electronics shop.

After watching it a couple of times (i am a pretty big fan now) i decided to make my own action figure of the Wolf Cop!
I remembered that i got a werewolf figure from that revised wolf man movie from some years back with benicio del toro as the wolf-man.I just had no clue where that was.
Some days later i found it in a crate in the basement so it was time to get started!

What i did to begin with was removing the rubberish vest that the figure had as it was pretty useless to me.
Next step was getting out the acrylic paint because this wolf man had to change his pants and needed some inking.I painted his pants in a dark green with a yellow stripe on the sides.



After adding some blood red colors and brown and black ink i decided he had to get a big gun and some police officers gear like a walkie - talkie and handcuffs along with a belt and holster for the revolver or to stash some alcohol in. (he is a severe alcoholic !)

I had an old reservoir dogs marvin nash 12 inch figure in storage so i wanted to use some of his gear and the police badge which i cut off from poor marvin nash.
After giving the badge a new dark yellow paint job (used some white coating over the silver badge because otherwise it would look pretty bad…) i treated the badge with some brown watered down ink to bring the details out again and to archive a comic book gold look.
After this i used some miliput and glue to place the badge on his chest!






Marvin nashs other gear like the holster and flashlight, handcuffs and walkie - talkie had to be stored somewhere so i needed to make a proper belt for him.

I went to a local sewing goods shop and found some good black straps that i could use for making a belt with a button and a tie that i wanted to add as well.
I asked my wife actually if she could help me (thank u sumie!) with the sewing for the button on the belt.

For his big clunking gun i used one of the guns coming with the old mcfarlane movie maniacs snake plisskin figure.Removed the scope and that was done.

For some move movie accuracy i wanted the wolf cop to come with some beer and other alcohol bottles!
In our local art supplies shop (Vowinkel, Frankfurt am Main) i found some small plastic bottles in scale that are meant to fit in some dolls houses (dolls with a drinking habit……,some of those even look like asahi japanese beer bottles, haha).

Finally the Wolf Cop needed some facial treatment as i had to lighten up his face color and ink the head and torso for more shadowing.

Last thing i did was varnish him a little so that the colors will stay on for good!









I added the picture of the final figure on instagram ( My Instagram is : FLOP1082 ) and the official wolf cop movie people seemed to like it so they featured me on their account and ask for my permission to use the pics of my figure on their page.( thanks again guys!)

I hope i could inspire some of you to get out and make your own action figure because to make something cool u can use some cheap parts and existing figures to create something new and exciting!

Cheers!

This actually makes me want to watch the movie again and yeah there is already a part 2 in production that should come out this year!


Wolf Cop - make up FX:





Wolf Cop official:

wolfcop.com













Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen